The goal of the Building Inspections Department is to verify compliance with the minimum safety standards set forth in the adopted codes. Our Inspections team works with general contractors, home builders, licensed trade professionals, and homeowners to ensure that State and City codes and laws are followed. These codes and laws are developed with our citizens in mind; some of the principles guiding the requirements are:
- Energy conservation through proper installation of windows, doors, and insulated building materials
- Proper light and ventilation for general health
- Means of egress facilities, to provide evacuation routes in an emergency
- Safety to firefighters and emergency responders during emergency operations
- Safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment
- Proper sanitation and waste disposal
- Stability and structural strength
INSPECTION scheduling REQUESTS
Inspections are scheduled by calling City Hall at 918-556-7439. Permit number and address of construction is to be provided when requesting all inspections. Inspection requests taken until 5:00 PM will be performed the following day. Same day inspections will be limited to emergencies only.
The Inspections Department requires all small job permit inspection requests at occupied homes to include contact information for the tenant/owner. Our inspectors will use this contact information to schedule a convenient inspection time with the tenant/owner.